Sunday, January 27, 2013

How To Make It Through Personal Difficulty At Work

How To Make It Through Personal Difficulty At Work: One of the things that distinguishes (most) adults from (most) children is their level of emotional self-control.  A friend and I used to laugh about what it would be like if grown-ups - especially in business - acted like little kids. For instance, imagine in a meeting where the CEO didn't get her own way, if she were to throw herself on the floor, start trashing around and yelling, "I want it I want it I want it!"  Or if someone were critical of the head of marketing's new logo design, he burst into tears and began sobbing, "You're mean - I hate you!"  (I know there are some grown-ups like that - but, fortunately, they're a minority.)

No comments:

Post a Comment